Precision Coatings PC3 high cross-link density acrylic polyurethane is an extended life-cycle finish with outstanding color and gloss retention. Metallics, iridescents and solid colors are created with automotive grade pigments to ensure colors will retain their original appearance long after conventional high-performance coatings have faded. The automotive grade pigments are combined with a high cross-link density acrylic polyurethane resin system that provides added resistance to ultra-violet radiation, weathering, staining, corrosion, erosion, environmental chemicals, and abrasion.
PC3 high cross-link density acrylic aliphatic polyurethane finish coat is available in gloss, semi-gloss, satin, egg-shell and matte/flat. PC3 comes in solid colors, metallics, and iridescents. PC3 is less than 50 grams per liter VOC and LEED V4 compliant. PC3 is available at higher VOC levels for use in compliant areas. PC3 comes in solid colors, metallics, and iridescents. PC3 can be applied over surfaces primed with DTM 1300, DTM 1400 and DTM 3000.
PC3 Acrylic Polyurethane Topcoat is available at higher VOC levels for use in compliant areas.
PC3 Clear is an ultra-low VOC, durable clear coating system that can be applied over interior wood substrates and previously coated substrates to achieve a high-grade durable finish. The fast drying PC3 clear system is used to refinish and maintain interior wood furniture and interiors for restaurants and hospitality when tight production schedules demand a quality finish that stands up to hot plates and spilled drinks on the next shift.
PC3 Anti-Graffiti is a low VOC, anti-graffiti system. Available in clear and colors in gloss, semi-gloss, satin, egg-shell and matte finishes, PC3 Anti-Graffiti provides a long-lasting protective system that can be cleaned multiple times with commercially available graffiti removal solvents.
At 50 grams per liter VOC or less, PC3 provides excellent color retention and durability as a finish coat for exterior and interior surfaces on commercial and institutional architecture. PC3 is available in solid, metallic and iridescent colors ranging in reflectance from gloss to matte. PC3 provides architects and designers a broad palette of optical affects for accents, on mullions, architectural features and full commercial architectural structure exteriors. PC3 is also available in ultra-low VOC clears that are frequently used for high quality and robust interior wood finishing.
Five Year Corrosion Check Up of Alexander Calder’s Flamingo
Warren Brand of Chicago Corrosion Group recently reviewed the performance of the coating system used on Alexander Calder’s Flamingo. Please click on this LINK to the Warren Brand article which appeared in Durability and Design.
Request Color Samples
We are committed to assisting customers and potential
customers in supplying color samples for projects.
PC3 System Product Data Sheets
- PC3 Metallic and Solid Color Product Data Sheet
- PC3 Clear Coat Product Data Sheet
- PC3 Anti-Graffiti Clear Coat Product Data Sheet
- PC3 Anti-Graffiti Solid Color Product Data Sheet
- Guidance for Metallic Applications
- Safety Data Sheet PC3v100 Resin
- Safety Data Sheet PC3v100 Clear Resin
- Safety Data Sheet PC3v100 Anti-Graffiti Resin
- Safety Data Sheet PC3v100 Clear Anti-Graffiti Resin
- Safety Data Sheet PC3 Activator
Featured Coatings Projects
- Case History Alexander Calder's Flamingo, Chicago, IL
- Case History 3000 Clear View San Mateo, CA
- Case History 99 Almadene San Jose, CA
- Case History MSA Consulting Building Rancho Mirage, CA
- Case History Anti-Graffiti Herons Sculture, Albany, CA
- Case History Anti-Graffiti B. F. Sisk Courthouse Fresno, CA
- Case History NASA Water Tank Moffett Field, CA
- Case History CALSTRS Headquarters Sacramento, CA